Want to get involved? Volunteers are integral to a successful event. We need volunteers for Fuse Project’s Dragon Boat Festival to help with a variety of pre-event positions as well as event day needs.
Areas we need volunteers:
- Friday, June 9th Paddler Party – Help with set-up / clean-up for party, help bring food from grill to main area for paddlers to enjoy, etc.
- Collecting Admission– We need volunteers to assist in collecting admission at the entrance.*
- Team Loading – Assist paddlers getting into boats, catch boats at dock and help unload paddlers, keep spectators out of load area, and keep the area neat and clean.
- Team Marshalling – Call and line up multiple teams for races.
- Finish Line – Serve as a runner between scorekeepers at the Finish Line and scoreboard. Keep spectators out of finish line area.
- Paddler’s Village – Placed in main DB command tent to help take day of donations, answer questions, etc.
- Information Booth – Serve as source of information and hospitality for all competitors, volunteers, and spectators. Event runner, answer questions, maintain lost & found, facilitate emergency response.
- Merchandise Tent – Sell Fuse Project hats for $20 and shirts for $15.*
- Ice Truck – Sell 20 lb bags of ice for $4 each.*
- VIP/Hospitality Tent – Allow/monitor entry to the VIP tent.
- Inflatables – Help with bounce houses as needed.
- Recycling – Help keep containers emptied throughout the day.
- Clean-Up Crew – Assist with equipment and other needed clean-up at the end.
As a small token of our appreciation, all volunteers who complete a full shift will receive a free t-shirt, lunch, and a buff.
*We will have squares (to accept payment) for this. To download the Square Register app, in the app store, search for “Square Register” and tap “Get” to download the app.
To volunteer, click on the button below.